mSpy Overview: What It Is and How It Works
mSpy is a mobile monitoring app that can be installed on your child’s phone, and allows you to monitor their phone calls, social media activity, instant messages, locations and a lot more. Once the app is installed on the phone, it runs in the background and completely hides itself. The app then monitors the child’s phone activity and sends reports to your online mSpy account that you can access from any device. And the best part is that you can get up to 50% off using our mSpy coupon code.
Launched in 2010, mSpy has grown to one of the most popular and well-known monitoring software programs in the world. It’s reliable, easy to set up, and works on jailbroken & non-jailbroken iOS devices and Android devices. Installation is simple and takes only a few minutes. The app runs in background mode and is invisible to the phone user, so your kids will never know that you are spying on them.
By installing mSpy on your child’s phone, you can see exactly what they are doing and who they’re talking to on social media and on their smartphone. You can also track their phone’s location. Below is a list of features available with the mSpy Premium Plan:
1. GPS tracking: mSpy not only records the GPS location of your child’s phone, but also uploads it for you to see exactly where your child has been throughout the day. You can even see his or her location in real time on a map.
2. Read text messages: Read their sent and received text messages — even if they are deleted from the phone.
3. View call history: Find out who they call and who calls them. Get details like phone numbers, contact names, and date, time and duration of the calls.
4. Read instant messages: Monitor their instant messaging chats like WhatsApp and Skype and social networking sites like Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram. This feature, however, is only available on rooted Android and jailbroken iOS devices.
5. Keylogger: Record all keystrokes users type while using their Android phone. This feature is only available for Android OS version 4.0 and above.
6. Read emails: Read all incoming and outgoing emails. You can also read emails sent through Gmail and other email clients.
7. View photos & videos: View all the photos and videos stored on your child’s phone.
8. Monitor Internet activities: See which websites they visit, their search history, and the web pages they view.
9. Access contacts and calendar: Look through your child’s contacts so you can see who they’re communicating with. Check all the calendar events on their phone.
10. Keyword alerts: You can create a list of target words such as “drugs” “sex” and “guns” with this alert feature. You will receive an email notification when any of these words get used in any texts, chats, emails, etc.
11. Apps & websites blocking: You can view all the apps installed on your child’s phone and can also block specific apps and websites.
12. Incoming call blocking: To block incoming calls from specific numbers, log into your mSpy account and click on ‘Device Management’ and enter the numbers you want to block.
13. Screen recording: mSpy’s screenrecorder feature does exactly what its name implies: it captures their screen activity, then sends screenshots to your online account. Screenrecorder allows you to see everything they did, and when.
14. Unlimited device change: You can install the mSpy app upon one device at a time but you can change the target device as often as you want without buying new licenses.
15. Invisible mode: The best part about the mSpy app is that it’s completely invisible, which means that your child will never know they are being monitored.
|FEATURES||mSpy Premium||mSpy without Jailbreak|
|Text Messages, MMS|
|Call history & Contact List|
|Calendar, Notes, Tasks|
|Unlimited Device Change|
|SIM Change Notification|
|Automatic Software Updates|
|Apps & Websites Blocking|
|Incoming Call Blocking|
|Remote Device Lock or Wipe|
System Requirements for mSpy
The system requirements for running mSpy on different mobile and desktop operating systems are described below, please click below to learn more about the system requirements for your specific OS.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the app is compatible with your device before buying.
Getting Started with mSpy
Physical access to the target device is needed to install mSpy. Once it’s installed, you can remotely monitor and track their phone, no matter where you are. Here’s how to get started.
Step 1: Buy a subscription (Here’s a coupon code just for you). Once you have completed the purchase process, your login name and password will be emailed to you within a few minutes. Installation instructions will be included in the email.
Step 2: From your computer, open the confirmation email, and click on the link that is provided. This will take you to the mSpy control panel. Log into the control panel, and follow the on-screen instructions to install the app on the device you wish to monitor.
Step 3: Downloading and installing the app is easy, and support is always available by email, online chat or telephone 24/7. Once installation is completed, the app will start monitoring the device immediately. Log in to your account to access all the monitored data.
mSpy Review Video
Want to see mSpy in action? Watch the video below. A lot of people have heard about it, but not many people know how it actually works. Check out our in-depth mspy review video to see how it works and how to install it.
As you can see, it’s very easy to install mSpy on an Android phone. The control panel is user-friendly, and the app’s interface is intuitive.
6 Things You Should Know Before Buying mSpy
1. How do I get the software?
Its premium plan costs $99/year and can be purchased through mSpy’s official website. Once you have purchased a subscription, you will receive an email with your login credentials for accessing your control panel and installation instructions. The download link can be found in the control panel. Simply login to your account and then download the mSpy app onto the device you want to monitor.
2. Do I need physical access to the phone to install mSpy?
Yes, you need physical access to the phone to install the mSpy app on it. That’s because you have to download the installer file and manually install it.
3. Do I need to root the Android phone before installing mSpy?
Don’t worry, there’s no rooting required – you simply download a hidden tracking app and you’re good to go. However, if you want to monitor their instant messaging chats like Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp, you’ll have to root the phone.
4. Will my child know mSpy is installed or running? Is it detectable?
The only way they will know is if you chose the “I’d like to keep the icon” option while installing the app. If you didn’t choose that option then nothing will be displayed to notify the user. The mSpy icon automatically hides after the installation is complete.
5. Is it legal?
mSpy is a professional cell phone monitoring solution designed for parents and employers to legitimately monitor their phone use. If you intend on monitoring a phone you do not own or do not have permission to monitor, you should not purchase this product. It is illegal to install monitoring app on phone you do not own.
6. Can I get a refund from mSpy?
There’s a 14-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied. For additional information regarding the Refund Policy, visit: www.mspy.com/refund-policy.html.
The refund may apply only to the first mSpy subscription. No refund will be available on additional purchases or more than one subscription at one time. You may send your refund request by email to [email protected]
mSpy Coupon Code
Alex from mSpy was kind enough to give us a coupon code for our readers. Use this coupon code at checkout and you’ll get 50% off. Please visit our “special offers” page for more details.
mSpy Review – Conclusion
mSpy has everything you need from a mobile monitoring app. It offers a long list of features, including the ability to track websites visited, calls made and received, messages sent and received and keystrokes typed, and even block any app or website. It has a user-friendly Web-based control panel and excellent customer service. The app interface is very easy to use and works on all major operating systems. The Premium version can be purchased for $34.99 per month, or $99.99 per year. If you want to buy the software now, be sure to use this promo code to get 50 percent off.
Disclaimer: mSpy is designed for monitoring your children, employees or others on a phone that you own or have permission to monitor.
Last updated January 27, 2023.